PAREF has a specific approach to education in that parents are the primary movers in the education of their children and the teachers collaborate with and have a supportive role towards the parents as inspired by the teachings of St. Josemaria Escriva, the founder of Opus Dei. This is best carried out through the home-school collaboration approach to education.
In the PAREF System, parents participate in parent formation activities and all levels of school management receive personal formation. This is to ensure synergistic relationships in educating the students. The PAREF System adopts a personalized and individualized approach to education.
Features of PAREF FORMATION:
- To foster moral formation founded on the principles of natural law and the Magisterium of the Catholic Church with a delicate respect for the freedom of consciences.
- To foster the formation of one’s own judgement and the responsible use of personal freedom.
- To achieve a wholistic and humanistic and cultural formation appropriate to the personal circumstances of each student through a demanding academic and personal formation program.
- To cultivate the spirit of solidarity by encouraging the development of civic virtue, with emphasis on service and respect for the opinions of others.
- To foster personal maturity and concern for human values, such as generosity, respect for others, sincerity, hard work, sportive spirit and care for details.
- To demand through the different activities the necessary effort to achieve perfection in one’s work in a way that each one may yield the maximum output allowed by his own capacity.
- To pay particular attention to the values and other relevant manifestations of the Filipino culture.